GET OUT OF AUTO!
Beginner Photography Class
Do you have a great DSLR camera but feel like you can't do anything with it, except hope it works when you shoot? Do you wish that you could take your own photos that you would love to display on your blog, walls and facebook? You are in luck, because you can learn to use your camera and take photos you will be proud of showing the world.
What you will learn in this class...
- What the knobs, buttons and icons mean on your camera
- Understanding of exposure, WB, Shutter speed, ISO, f-stop and other camera functions.
- Proper care and handling of your camera and lenses
- When to use your flash, and what it does for a photo
- How to take a photo in manual mode, in various lighting circumstances
Date: Wednesday February 29th
Details: Class size is limited to 6. Bring a DSLR camera (camera with changeable lenses). You will go home with handouts to help you get going. Light snacks will be provided. If you have a 50mm 1.8 lens bring it, this is not required.
Where: Darcy's House
Call 970 270-5184 or email darcycasephotography@gmail to sign up.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
I am excited to announce my first Kids Valentine Shoot. I love sending valentines and there is no better way to send your love and friendship then with a photo card. Bring your kids ready to play. Some props will be provided and you are more then welcome to bring your own. Check out what is included below.
Date: Saturday January 28th
Time: 2-4pm (when you book your appointment you will be given a more specific time)
Cost: $20 per child this price includes the following:
- 10 - 15 min photo session
- 30 - 4x6 PRINTED cards with envelopes to hand out to classmates or family
- online album of your edited photos for viewing and additional orders if you would like
Where: My backyard - 627 Carlsbad Dr Grand Junction
- I will be booking up to 10 children - the first to call will get the appointments.
- Payment is due at the time of the session.
- If you would like your valentine to include all of your children please call for special pricing
- The design for the photo card will be done by Darcy Case and will appear as the samples below, based on the photo(s) chosen
- All orders will be printed and ready for pickup on February 10th & 11th and will be available at my house
Please call (970) 270-5184 to book your appointment
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
These kids I get to see through my lens at least once a year, and I am so grateful. They are beautiful children, and every time I start to edit them and I study their faces I can't get past how perfectly beautiful they are. Here are just a few of my favorites...
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
This was my first attempt at creating a fun 3D background. I have to say it was a lot of work, but the whole time I kept thinking, but this is so much fun. Which is what photography is supposed to be about (at least for me). The wind did wreck havoc on the butterflies and by the end of the shot I pretty much had one big knot of strings, but when I have a day to sit around, you can guess what I will be untangling, because you can bet this will not be the last time I use these butterflies.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
My dear friend Emily is moving, as a fond farewell I asked her if I could do her bridals. Is she getting married? No, but I am starting a wedding photography venue to add to my family photography and my partner Lisa and I needed some fresh images. What a sport Emily was, she was so great to work with. I am going to miss you Emily!!